April 8, 2019
Project Sector - The project sectors were updated to align with the 2017 NIACS codes. Users can now only select one project sector to associate with their project.
February 25, 2019
Project Search - A filter was included that allows users to search projects based on the DCEO contact.
Employer Summary Report - The employer summary report was updated to show only one row for each employer. The column that identifies the projects uses a comma separated list to identify all projects associated to the employer.
June 13, 2018
Updated SOC codes to include 2018 updates.
April 20, 2018
New Grant Report Search feature include a Grant Number field, users can now search reports by grant number.
February 20, 2017
We have released new features to the Incumbent Worker Tracking System.
- New optional fields on the Employer Training Report
- Congressional District
- State Legislative and Senate Districts
- Address of Employer and Worksite
- +4 of Employer and Worksite Zip
- A new report is available: Employer Summary Report
- Removal of employees from courses and projects:
- An employee can be removed from a course at any time if they are marked as Not Started in the current Quarterly Report. If they are any other status than “not started” they cannot be removed.
- An employee can be removed from a project if they are marked as not started for all courses they are registered for in the currently quarterly report. When a user is removed from a project they are removed from all courses and reports as well. If the employee is any other status other than “not started” they cannot be removed.
- Changes to the process of entering employers is now available.
- Users will be prompted to search first for their employer. If the employer is not found they can add a new employer and continue completing their project.
- If the employer has been previously used in another IWTS project then the user will have to submit for approval from Commerce to use this employer for their project. After submitting the request the project will be placed on hold until approval is granted. Commerce will be notified via email when approval is requested. The user will be notified via email once Commerce has approved or denied the employer. Once approved the project will return to the in process status and the user can add contacts and worksites and then complete the rest of their project. Once complete they will review and submit the entire project for approval before adding employees and registering them in courses.
June 13, 2015
The Incumbent Worker Tracking System (IWTS) has been moved over to the new Illinois workNet platform! There have been no changes made to how you use the system or the functionality. It will continue to work the same way but with an improved look and feel. We are excited to announce these updates and hope you continue to enjoy using the system.
You can access IWTS two ways:
September 10, 2015
We have released a new IWTS page that can help you troubleshoot when you encounter Social Security Number duplicates or messages when entering employees into your plan(s). Make sure to utilize the tips and steps on this page before reaching out to your DCEO contact. Check out the page today.
Another new feature is the Employee Search option when adding employees. With this new feature you can search existing employees by Social Security Number and Date of Birth to find them faster and easier if they already exist. We recommend using this search to find employees first before Adding a New Person; if the employee does not exist then you will enter the information for them as usual. You still have the ability to Upload an Employee File as well.
July 17, 2015
IWTS was updated this week to include new functions DCEO determined were necessary to align with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Read all of the information contained in this email and submit any questions to contacts shown on the IWTS guide page.
As has been the practice for in recent years, grantees must complete a project plan for the employer and submit it to DCEO OET for approval before beginning new incumbent worker training (i.e., entering into contracts with employers or trainers).
Required changes to how plans are created and entered:
In order to better determine the impact of incumbent worker training, as of July 15 there is now a limit of one employer per plan regardless of funding source for both current and new grants. All grantees must create a different project plan with its own ID number for each employer.
- All grantees can now initialize plans for their grants – DCEO is no longer required to initialize non-formula grants. (DCEO may still assist grantees with this step if needed.)
- For grants that fund multiple projects, additional plans may be added using the “Add an Additional Project for this Grant” button to copy the current plan. This button is available at the top of the Project Details screen. Copying the plan will allow grantees to avoid having to re-enter data elements common to all plans under the grant for each different plan/employer.
- Every plan title needs to describe the training and must include the employer name. This will make is possible to differentiate projects under a single grant.
There are updated instructions and steps for starting and completing IWTS plans:
Discard prior instructions on using IWTS and use only current instructions found here. An archived webinar from July 16th, 2015 with instructions is available here.
New Reports Available
New, more comprehensive and flexible IWTS Reports are now available. These reports may be accessed from the Incumbent Worker Reporting Page by entering the IWDS system and selecting “New IWTS Reports” from the left menu. These reports may also be exported to an MS-Excel spreadsheet. The reports are listed below with information about each. There are 5 reports that include:
Plan Detail - Use the filters and optional fields to design a training plan report.
Plan Summary - Use the filters and optional fields to design a training plan summary report.
Employer Training - Use the filters and optional fields to design an employer training report.
Employee Training - Use the filters and optional fields to design an employee training report.
Course/Session Training - Use the filter sand optional fields to design a course/session training report.
Policy on Incumbent Worker training will evolve to reflect the latest federal guidance as it is issued. While we are finalizing the training policy based on WIOA and TEGL 03-15, continue to select at least one layoff aversion at-risk factor. Typically the “worker does not have in-demand skills” will be the best option to select.
If you have further questions please check the FAQs or send an email from the Project History & Actions Screen in the Project Navigator Menu.
July 6, 2015
New IWTS Reports were released. These reports are currently available from the Incumbent Worker Reporting Page. You can access that by entering the IWDS system and selecting New IWTS Reports from the left menu. The reports are listed below with information about each. There are 5 reports that include:
- Plan Detail - Use the filters and optional fields to design a training plan report.
- Plan Summary - Use the filters and optional fields to design a training plan summary report.
- Employer Training - Use the filters and optional fields to design an employer training report.
- Employee Training - Use the filters and optional fields to design an employee training report.
- Course/Session Training - Use the filter sand optional fields to design a course/session training report.
April 3, 2015
Some updates have been made to the Incumbent Worker Tracking System (IWTS). Some of the updates were necessary to update the system originally built several years ago. One of the recent updates was to change the text boxes where you type in narratives. If anyone has trouble saving changes made in any text boxes in IWTS please notify us immediately via
email@example.com. Otherwise, we’ll assume based on our reviews and the projects and reports being submitted that the new text editor has taken care of issues people were having saving pages.
Another update we've made is to the starting occupations on the "adding employers" screen. If a new user is added, or an existing one is selected, a starting occupation can be selected from a drop-down. Previously, in IWTS, the list of occupations was sorted in alphabetical order with the SOC code following the occupation name. We have updated the screen to now show the occupations in SOC code order with the occupation name following it.
Also, previously, if any of you tried to enter a worker to receive incumbent worker training into an IWTS plan that already had an SSN entered into IWTS, the system would not allow you to enter the worker or batch upload the worker. This is because the system only wants to identify the worker once and not have duplicate worker counts that could be misleading. We still do not want duplicate counts, however, you can now include workers who are already in the system because they participated with another training plan. This is how it works:
- The system will check for a single duplicate SSN. If one duplicate SSN exists, the system will show the existing record and ask for confirmation that the person you’re entering is already entered.
- Select the existing person to then add to your plan.
If the system finds more than one duplicate SSN, you will see a message to contact us via
Below is a screen shot of what it looks like when an existing employee’s SSN is already associated with an account:
You can access IWTS anytime from your Illinois workNet "My Dashboard".
March 5, 2015
On the Review Plan page a link to view a printable version was added. To print an IWTS project plan:
From Review Plan, select "Review Project Plan."
Select "Printer-Friendly View of Project Plan."
Select "Print Page."
February 17, 2015
Updated the IWTS Resources page to be an IWTS Guide.
February 12, 2015
Scheduled four IWTS Training webinars for all incumbent worker training grantees. The webinar is archived and available from the IWTS partner guide page.
February 5-6, 2015
Provided DCEO OET with in-person training sessions.
February 5, 2015
Moved the IWTS to Beta Illinois workNet.