If you are entering an employee and receive a message, similar to the error message below, stating that the Social Security Number (SSN) is in use, begin by following the Troubleshooting Duplicate SSN Entries steps.
The system checks for duplicates based on the employee's last name, SSN, date of birth, and gender. This information is required with each employee entry:
- Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
All of these fields must match if an existing user can be added to your project.
Troubleshooting Duplicate SSN Entries:
- Verify the spelling of employee name.
- Verify the SSN was entered correctly.
- Verify the Date of Birth was entered correctly.
- Ensure the user does not have a maiden name that could be in the system (may need this information from the employer).
- Ensure that the employees gender is correct.