The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) will be holding regional events to share the state's draft Perkins V Plan (Career and Technical Education). Time will be allotted for feedback and discussion.
Please consider participating in one of the five listening sessions as the State explores and explains the draft Perkins V Plan.
Register today to attend!
- October 7, 2019: Pre-Tour - 4:00pm - 4:45pm; Listening Session - 5:00pm - 7:00pm Buffalo Grove High School, Buffalo Grove, IL
- October 10, 2019: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Wilco Area Career Center, Romeoville, IL
- October 23, 2019: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Richland Community College, Decatur, IL
- October 24, 2019: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Kaskaskia College, Centralia, IL
- October 25, 2019: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Chicago Public Schools District Office, Chicago, IL
This event is for any interested member of the public, including but not limited to:
- students and parents
- career and technical education practitioners
- high school and community college administrators, teachers and faculty
- business and industry (including labor organizations)
- members of special populations including:
- individuals with disabilities
- individuals from economically disadvantaged families (including low-income youth and adults)
- individuals preparing for non-traditional fields
- single parents, including single pregnant women
- out-of-workforce individuals
- English learners
- homeless individuals
- youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system
- youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces and is on active duty.
- local workforce board staff
- community-based organizations
- Adult Education administrators
- community members.