September is Workforce Development Month! Since 2005, the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP) seeks to "raise awareness about the importance of our industry to a growing economy." As workforce development professionals are crucial in their communities, it is important to recognize the work they do. From tips and activities to spreading awareness on social media and much more, visit NAWDP's website today to learn more about Workforce Development Month.
The Illinois Workforce Partnership (IWP) is a 501c (3) not for profit organization supporting 46 workforce development professionals representing 10 Economic Development Regions and 22 Workforce Innovation Boards in the State of Illinois. IWP are leaders in the Illinois workforce system.
Illinois workNet will be holding a webinar for workforce partners about the tools they can use to help customers reach their training and employment goals. This webinar will cover:
- Requesting partner level access and adding your organization to the Service Finder
- Utilizing the Event Calendar and Success Stories about the latest events and successes in your area
- Assisting customers with the Employment 101 tool and Customer Support Center where you can see your customers' assessment scores, reset passwords, create groups, and more
- Connecting with Illinois workNet on social media and subscribing to our newsletter
This webinar will be held on September 20th at 2:00 PM. In partnering with Illinois workNet, you will be able to connect with other organizations in Illinois and have access to the entire collection of tools and resources that Illinois workNet provides to partners. Whether you are a resource room staff member, instructor, career planner, advisor, or case manager, you will benefit from becoming an Illinois workNet partner. Register for this webinar today.
Please join us in celebrating Workforce Development Month! Visit www.illinoisworkforcepartnership.org/watch-us-succeed/ to find out what is happening in your local area!
Be sure to add any of your local events to the Illinois workNet Calendar so others can see what is happening in your area. To get started:
- Visit the Illinois workNet Event Calendar,
- Select the Add Event button and agree to the terms,
- Enter the event information in the event form,
- Note: For the field titled "Series" be sure to select "Workforce Development Month"
- Then select the Add event button.
- Your event will then be approved within a few business days.
Check out these Illinois workNet resources below for Workforce Development Month:
Illinois workNet Partner Benefits and Tools:
Customer Support Center:
Follow us on Social Media for the latest on #WkDevMonth including our upcoming livestreams that will cover tools and resources for our workforce partners!