Additional items are not necessary to be submitted. During the review process DCEO can request additional information or clarification.
All items that are listed on the uniform application as well as the NOFO are to be submitted through Smart Sheets.
2. Can applicants enroll residents from other states, such as Indiana?
No, participants must reside in Illinois and be eligible to work in Illinois. Reference pages 5-6 of the NOFO.
3. Can one organization submit more than one application?
4. Can organizations apply to more than one category with a single application?
Yes, entities are to apply for whatever categories they have capacity to support in one application.
5. I am assuming that the application is written for the full two-year period and not for the first year only. That includes goals, objectives, and the budget?
Yes. Applications are for the entire award period, which is anticipated 24 months for most grants.
6. Do you anticipate that there will be additional funding opportunities under JTED in the spring of 2022, and will they have the same requirements?
There will be another funding in the spring of 2022. There will be many of the same requirements, however, the program model will be examined to better ensure capacity building for provider and smaller providers that have not typically applied for state or federal funds.
7. How can organizations access the Narrative and Program Training Summary fillable PDF forms WITHOUT a paid license Adobe license? With free Adobe Reader, it DOES NOT allow you to save information typed into the boxes.
A Word document is available at JTED Notice of Funding Opportunity 2021 (illinoisworknet.com) if you cannot access the Adobe fillable PDF.
8. How do I access the grant application?
The application is available at this site.
9. If an applicant has more than one location do, they need applications for each?
No, but it would need to be specifically explained in the application. Reference page 24-26 of NOFO.
10. If our main HQ is in Cincinnati, but we are leveraging the funds for Lake County, IL, can we use previous outcomes for the entire organization?
The organization's outcomes can be used to demonstrate performance.
11. Are the anticipated 1,200 individuals anticipated to be served per grantee?
No, this a cumulative number for the entire JTED program.
12. Is 1200-1500 the number of participants anticipated to be served each year? Alternatively phrased, over what time period is 1,200-1,500 people the anticipated number of people to be served (e.g. 1 year, 2 years, 3 years)?
1,200 – 1,500 is the anticipated number of participants to be served within the two years cumulative.
13. Is the Department providing a backup to Smartsheet submission due to technical issues?
No, the Smartsheet has proven to be a successful way to transmit the documents. It is recommended that the documents are submitted 24 hours prior to when it is due to assure successful submission.
14. Is there a link to the Smartsheet?
Yes, it is included in the NOFO under D. Application and Submission Information on page 19.
15. Other than what is required on the scoring rubric, will there be other efficiency targets other than what is required on the performance metrics and goals?
16. Regarding scoring rubric: Are there cost/participant or other efficiency targets?
There are no targets for cost per. It depends on the depth and breadth of each program and what services will be provided.
17. The NOFO references a sample MOU available on the webpage, but the webpage currently says the MOU info is "coming soon." Can this be provided so we have time to establish MOUs prior to the grant deadline?
A sample MOU template is not provided as a resource. Still, a document that outlines elements of Obtaining Strong Support Letters from Collaborators, Contractors is available, and information applies to the development of an MOU.
18. We would like to know can 501c3 GATA certified can apply for this RFP. An RFP has listed private nonprofit organizations and faith based.
501C3 organizations are eligible to apply for the JTED program.
19. What is the word or character count for the Narrative questions? Is there a page limit?
There is no limit on the word or character count in the text boxes. There is not a page limit, but it is recommended to keep the content descriptive but concise.
20. Can an applicant apply for operations within just one of the nine areas, so long as you have connections to the others? Or should applications cover all areas?
Yes, an applicant can select what's most appropriate for their program model, but capacity must be demonstrated as well as how the applicant determined the placement into the training program.
21. Does DCEO have targets or bands for cost per participant, etc.?
Anticipated cost per participant can range from $2500 (original JTED) up to $20,000 based on program design and identified barriers of those served.
22. Is there a defined enrollment period?
There is not a defined enrollment period but keep in mind that the serves need to be completed at the end of the grant period (2 years).
23. What is the definition of an employer?
An employer means that person or company that is registered with the appropriate governmental entities to do business in Illinois, and then employs one or more individuals.
It's a company that is registered with appropriate governmental entities to do business in any state that is adjacent to Illinois. Organizations that are on bordering states and have partnerships with those businesses could continue those partnerships.
An employer or eligible entity means a person or company that is registered with the appropriate governmental entity to do business in Illinois, and that employs one or more individuals.
24. Would adherence to the DOTL sufficiently cover documentation of need?
No. Applicants must demonstrate and provide data on their chosen industry and occupations. Reference page 20 of NOFO.
25. The JTED website and NOFO say that the maximum funding amount is $750,000 and the funding period is for two years. Is the $750,000 funding amount per year (total $1.5 million), or is it meant to be $750,000 for two years of services?
The maximum funding should be $750,000 for up to two years.
26: The submission order documented on Page 19 of the RFP is different than the order documented on the internet submission form. Please advise which directive to follow.
Either direction is acceptable.
27. We are partnered with a local Chicago-based foundation, but we have the credentials for the training. Whose name should be on the application?
The organization that would enter into a grant agreement with the State of Illinois is the organization that should be the applicant. This is the organization that would ultimately be responsible for the administration of the program and the grant funds.