National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) is November 13-19, 2023! NAW is a nationwide celebration where employers, industry associations, labor organizations, community-based organizations, workforce partners, educators, and government leaders come together and host events to showcase the success and value of Registered Apprenticeship as an integral element in rebuilding our economy, supporting employers with workforce needs, promoting racial and gender equity, creating pathways to quality jobs, and supporting underserved communities.
Key Notes about NAW in Illinois:
- Celebrate with Apprenticeship Illinois (Flyer):
- Other Events: Find virtual and in-person National Apprenticeship Week events on the ApprenticeshipIllinois.com homepage by scrolling down to the calendar and clicking "more" to view a list of events. Or browse events on the Illinois NAW2023 page.
- Click here to find or submit Proclamations.
- Apprenticeship supporters (such as cities/counties, educational institutes, industry/trade partners, etc.) are encouraged to participate and raise awareness during NAW by signing/submitting a proclamation. Templates are available on Apprenticeship Illinois.
- Apprentice Ambassador Program
- The first cohort of Illinois Apprentice Ambassadors will be announced during National Apprenticeship Week! The Illinois Workforce Innovation Board's Apprenticeship Committee created the inaugural Apprentice Ambassador Program to serve as champions. The Ambassadors are comprised of diverse apprentices and apprentice graduates of all ages and backgrounds within the state and come from multiple industries. The Apprentice Ambassadors will promote apprenticeships to career seekers and employers. Learn more here.
- Social Media: Check us out on social media and tag us in posts! Use our Social Media Toolkit to spread the word with sample posts and pre-made graphics.
- Social Media Toolkit: Click here to access.
- Connect with us:
- Designated Hashtags: #ApprenticeshipIL #NAW2023 #ApprenticeshipUSA