In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, Illinois workNet would like to thank all who have served in the United States Armed Forces. We appreciate your sacrifice to help protect us at home and abroad. Illinois, through the collaboration of networked partnerships, has many resources available to former and current Military Services Members (Active, Guard, and Reserve) as well as Military Spouses.
To see what the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is doing to support veterans and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit their website. From what you should do to how to protect yourself, learn about what the VA is doing to help our veterans and their communities. Additionally, the VA has information regarding health benefits and financial literacy along with how to access these benefits for veterans.
The following is a brief list of WIOA partners and training services available to our Military Service Members and Spouses:
Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Individualized Career Planning Assistance
- One-on-one assistance provided to Disabled Veterans
- Unemployment Services
- Illinois Job Link
Illinois Department of Human Services
- Family & Community Services
- Mental Health
- Rehabilitation Services
- Substance Abuse
Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- Apprenticeships (Employers & Job Seekers)
- Layoffs and Closing Guidance
- Entrepreneurship and small-business guidance
- Invest Illinois Venture Fund
- Veteran's Priority of Service at American Job Centers
Follow us on Social Media for the latest on #MilitaryAppreciationMonth!