There are a variety of training options available for enhancing skills. Sometimes the options can be overwhelming, but doing some research and putting together a plan can save both time and money. Illinois workNet has tools to help customers through this process.
- Identify potential careers and the required training and credentials.
- Identify training programs and compare the pros and cons of each option.
- Select the best options for the circumstance and contact the provider to learn more.
- Research options for paying for training.
- Make a plan that identifies short and long term goals, as well as strategies for staying motivated.
Illinois workNet has:
- Tools and resources to identify training programs, set goals, and apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- WIOA Approved Training Programs that sync nightly with the Illinois Workforce Development System (IWDS) to ensure only the current approved and certified programs show.
- Articles that dive into the details and provide more guidance based on a customer's specific situation. Articles will continue to be added over time.
Videos for those who prefer or learn better by watching videos.Related Resources for online resources and tools (in addition to Illinois workNet tools) that have been reviewed and vetted.
- NOTE: If you have a suggestion for an article or you would like to contribute an article (your original work), send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at the recommended tools and approaches below.