Whether your customer is just starting to think about careers, or making a career transition to a new or better job, they need to make an informed decision before they make their move. Each customer's discovery process may be a little different, but the basic process is the same.
- Understand their skills and interests.
- Learn about career options, including projected job openings for a region, wages, and work conditions.
- Determine the training and credentials that are needed to get into that career.
Illinois workNet has:
- Tools and resources that every customer can use for these basic steps.
Articles that dive into the details and provide more guidance based on a customer's specific situation. Articles will continue to be added over time.
Videos for those who prefer to or learn better by watching videos.
Related Resources for online resources and tools (in addition to Illinois workNet tools) that have been reviewed and vetted.
- NOTE: If you have a suggestion for an article or you would like to contribute an article (your original work), send the information to
Take a look at the recommended tools and approaches below.