Guidance for Your Customers
If your organization offers public access to computers in a resource room or computer lab:
- Use marketing materials to guide customers to Illinois workNet.
- Ensure that staff is familiar with the user guides so they can quickly get customers started.
It is helpful for staff to have a 30-second elevator speech to describe the resources available.
Sample 30-second elevator speech:
Our resource room offers Illinois workNet, an online tool, to help you prepare for and connect to career pathways, jobs, education and training, support services, and more. Begin on the home page by using the guides.
WIOA-Funded Resource Rooms
If your location works with individuals who are entered in the Illinois Workforce Development System (IWDS):
- When customers are entered into IWDS, an Illinois workNet account is automatically set up for them. The information case managers see in IWDS is automatically added to their Illinois workNet account.
- Staff can print out the customer's Illinois workNet username, password and instructions, and give it to the customer. Customers also receive an email with their login link. When accounts are automatically setup, these customers will be prompted with the email to reset their password to something that is meaningful to them. You can provide a business card size handout for customers to write down their username and password that they can keep in their wallet.
- Customers will automatically be placed into the LWIAs' customer group. Case managers who have access to those customers in IWDS will also have access to them in Illinois workNet.
Learn more about setup below.
Get more details and get started today! Still have questions? Go to