Job clubs provide a way for job seekers to:
- Expand their network to find job openings.
- Have accountability partners to help stay "on track" during their job search.
- Serve as a support group for other members during rough times.
Job club members may meet weekly via social media and in-person on a monthly basis. They typically share:
- Job leads (Who's hiring? Who's not?).
- Business cards and resumes (What works? What doesn't?).
- Job search and career strategies and techniques (What works? What doesn't?).
Illinois workNet has tools for developing a job search strategy and building a network.
Learn more about these options below.
Get more details and get started today! Still have questions? Go to Partner FAQ.