The Illinois Youth Investment Program (IYIP) will run through June 30, 2022.
Benefits for Youth Participants Include:
- Full and part-time paid job placements
- Case management services to include life skills, counseling and work readiness training.
- Educational enhancement opportunities.
This holistic approach will account for the youth’s physical, emotional, social, and mental health needs while helping them to secure and sustain employment and/or achieve higher education ensuring a greater likelihood of success and self-sufficiency. The purpose of this effort is to foster healthy, safe, well-educated, and self-sufficient transition-age youth in Illinois.
- Youth must be between the ages of 16-24.
- Both in-school youth and out-of-school youth can participate. As part of this program, out-of-school that have not earned their GED (or High School Equivalency) will be required to re-engage in earning their Diploma or GED.
- Youth must have at least one risk factor that may make it hard for them to get or keep a job.
- Youth must be an Illinois resident.
- Youth will be required to complete an I9 Form.
- Review IDHS program details here.
If you are interested in this program, you can apply online.
Providers Offering IYIP:
This program is offered by the following community based organizations.
- African American Christian Foundation
- Alternative Schools Network
- Always Giving Back Foundation
- Angel of God Resource Center Inc.
- Aunt Martha's Health & Wellness Inc
- Boys & Girls Club of Chicago
- Catholic Bishop of Chicago - St. Sabina
- Centers for New Horizons
- Childrens Home and Aid
- Community Education Network
- Comprehensive Community Solutions
- Corazon Community Services
- EDDR Foundation
- Employee Connections
- Envision Community Services
- Haven Youth and Family Service
- Jewish Child & Family Services
- Lawrence Hall
- Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House Inc.
- LMW Group
- Metropolitan Family Services
- Mikva Challenge Grant Foundation
- New Original Ministries
- Of Color Inc.
- Operation Uplift Inc.
- Peoria Public Schools
- Project Vision Inc.
- Proviso Leyden Council for Community Action Inc.
- Public Image Partnership
- Puerto rican Cultural Center
- Revolution Workshop
- Rockford Park District
- Teens Against Killing Everywhere
- Universal Family Connections Center
- Urbana Neighborhood Connection Center
- Westside Health Authority