Complete the activity Introduction to Job Search Preparation & Resume Writing.
Get ready for your job search and find tools on Illinois workNet®.
Illinois workNet has helpful tools for your job search.
- Go to www.illinoisworknet.com and click on Individuals.
- Click on Log in to My Illinois workNet account.
- Type in your workNet username and password.
- Click on Prepare.
Things to have ready for your search.
- Personal Information: copies of photo ID, birth certificate, and Social Security Card.
- Experience: copies of awards, certificates, and recognitions for your work experience.
- Education: copies of diplomas, certificates, transcripts, and licenses.
- A list of your plans and goals for your career.
Get ready to write your resume.
Your experience tells employers about your work and education experience. Use this activity to create a great resume.
Remember that your Shortcuts keep all the important pages in your career search.
Complete the review to get ready for the post assessment.
In this activity, you learned about the information and tools available to prepare for a job search and write a resume.
Answer the questions below. Place your answer in the box
- Click on the answer link. Answer links will open in a new window outside of your activity.
- Find the answer and highlight the text. Copy the answer.
- Click on the window with your activity.
- Place your cursor in the correct text box and paste the answer.
Click on the save button at the bottom of the page to save your answers.