On-The-Job Training (OJT) program is a “hire-first” program in which the employer, either public or private, enters into an agreement with their local Illinois workNet Center to hire, train, and retain the individual upon successful completion of the training program. Through this program, businesses may be reimbursed up to 50% of the new employee’s wages while they are in training. Click here for the OJT Fact Sheet (PDF ).
Small businesses are the backbone of the Illinois economy and 95% of Illinois businesses have fewer than 50 employees. OJT assists with the costs of training new employees. It also provides access to a workforce with the skills necessary to sustain and grow their businesses and a regional economy.
- Hands on training that you design.
- A payment to offset training costs.
- An opportunity to train employees your way.
- An investment in your company.
OJT provides employers with a way to have new employees gain specific skills and employment competencies. It familiarizes trainees with the processes, work tasks, tools and, methods of a specific job or group of jobs.
- We match qualified applicants with approved job openings.
- We design a training plan that meets your needs.
- You get reimbursed for the costs of training during the OJT period.
Because it is a “hire-first” program, OJT is only available to participants whose goal is immediate employment.
- Applicants who are pre-qualified by our office and referred to you. OR
- Applicants you send to us for eligibility screening. We’ll notify you if they qualify.
Click Here to Watch an Employer Video!
Participating employers receive a reimbursement to cover the extraordinary costs of training and supervision as well as to compensate for expected lower productivity of the trainee vs. a more experienced employee.
- Operate year round.
- Enjoy low employee turnover.
- Pay an hourly wage or salary equal to or more than minimum wage.
- Realize the benefits of investing in their employees.
- Employ one or more workers.
||Contact a service partner office in your area to make an appointment to speak for FREE to the Business Services Team and see if you qualify for the OJT Program. Click here to find a location near you!|