Nursing assistants need to:
- Express ideas clearly when speaking or writing.
- Listen to others, understand, and ask questions.
- Read and understand written information.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Develop rules or follow guidelines when arranging items.
- Identify problems and review information. Develop, review, and apply solutions.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
- Manage the time of self and others.
Work with People
- Be aware of others' reactions and change behavior in relation to them.
- Look for ways to help people who are weak or bedridden.
- Persuade others to approach things differently.
Perceive and Visualize
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.